Today I’m sharing one of our vendor booking processes from our template bundle that consists of 11 different vendor booking processes + questions to ask each of those vendors. Learn about our process for booking caterers to use with your own planning clients.
By the way, If you haven’t seen our Vendor Booking Process + Questions to Ask Each Vendor Template Bundle you should go check that out HERE!
Our Process for Booking Caterers
- Determine if your client wants a seated dinner or buffet style reception.
- Figure up how much the client can spend per person for catering based on their preferences and overall budget.
- Send the client a list of suggested caterers based on their style and budget.
- Once the client decides which caterer they are most interested in (based on your vendor suggestions), schedule a day for you and the client to meet with the caterer.
- Send the client a link to the caters menu (if you have that available) and have them select some of their favorite food items so you are better prepared for the catering meeting.
- Meet with caterer.
- Book the caterer by having the client sign the contract and pay the necessary deposit.
- Add the caterer to the clients contacts in Aisle Planner.
- Add the caterers invoice, payment due dates, any files, etc. to their contact in Aisle Planner.
- Record the catering payment in Aisle Planner.
- Check off “Select and book a caterer” from your clients checklist in Aisle Planner.
If you want to receive the rest of this template be sure to sign up for our weekly Planner’s Hub newsletter that we send out every Friday. It’s always full of great tips and advice for new and aspiring wedding planners.
In this week’s newsletter I am sharing this same process + the questions you should be asking caterers to ensure nothing is overlooked.