As a wedding planner, you’ve got to make sure you plan out your client’s wedding day timeline down to the minute things will happen. But, you may be a new or aspiring planner and you’re just not sure what all you should include other than the vendor arrival times.
My timelines have really grown over the years as I’ve gained more experience. I remember when my timeline was only a couple of pages long (crazy right!).
Now, my master timeline is 10 pages or more, depending on the scope of the wedding.
SOME BASICS YOU SHOULD INCLUDE IN YOUR MASTER WEDDING DAY TIMELINE:
- A vendor contact list with all of the vendor names and phone numbers listed. Make sure you get a cell number in case you need to reach a vendor after hours. Even the tux rental store…trust me I learned this one the hard way
- Names of the wedding party and parents and their cell numbers
- The rehearsal start time and the rehearsal dinner start time
- The rehearsal checklist so you don’t forget important steps (even if you’ve directed a lot of rehearsals)
- Reminders to share with the wedding party and family
- Arrival time of all vendors
- Hair and makeup schedule
- What time the wedding party and family should arrive
- What time everyone needs to be dressed by
- Photo timeline as well as list specific photos to ensure none are missed
- Ceremony and reception start time and end time
- The order of ceremony
- The time the following things will take place: the dances, toasts, dinner, cake cutting, bouquet and garter toss, sorority/fraternity songs, the grand exit, etc.
- I also include a list of important notes in my master timeline like: who will serve the cakes, did the couple provide a picnic basket for meal to go, do we save or serve the top tier of the wedding cake, how many vendor meals will be served and time, who will gifts and cards be sent home with, who will the couples personal items be sent home with, are they keeping any leftover food, are they keeping any of the flowers, the bride and groom’s favorite drink, etc.
- Rental list
- Floral list