I’ve shared our rehearsal process and tips before, but I’ve had a few of you asking for an actual checklist for your rehearsals. You can download our rehearsal checklist for planners below to print and use at your own wedding rehearsals.
- Introduce yourself and welcome everyone. If you’re in a house of worship ask the officiant if they would like to say a prayer before starting.
- Place the wedding party in their appropriate places.
- Make sure the couple likes where everyone is standing.
- Instruct the wedding party on how to stand, how to hold their hands and bouquets.
- Place parents and grandparents in their appropriate reserved seats and introduce them to their usher.
- Explain the usher’s duties to him/her.
- The couple (or proxy bride) should be in place ready for instructions by the officiant.
- Have the wedding party practice the recessional.
- Then have everyone practice the ceremony from beginning to end.
- After you are done pass out the wedding timelines and go over what time everyone needs to arrive the next day and where.
- Go over any venue rules and policies.