As a new wedding planner you may be unsure of exactly what all you are supposed to do as far as what events you should attend with your couples. Today, I’m sharing wedding planner duties or rather events you would and would not attend as a planner.
For our Full Service Wedding Planning clients we do attend all vendor meetings with them, but there are some things we don’t attend.
This may be different for every planner, although what we do is pretty standard for most.
However, if you are a high end luxury planner you may even go with your couple to find their dress since they are paying you a premium price for your services. They may want more hands on help and may expect more of a luxury experience.
We always schedule dress shopping appointments for our couples even though we don’t attend. Keep reading to learn what we are and are not involved in for our Full Service Planning clients.
Wedding Planner Duties
Things we Do Not Attend
- Wedding dress shopping – we will schedule their appointments for this
- Tux/suit selection – we will schedule their appointments for this
- Bridesmaid dress shopping – we will schedule their appointments for this
- Dress fittings – we can schedule this for them, if desired
- Hair and makeup trial – we do schedule their trial appointment(s)
- Rehearsal dinner – unless they have hired us for rehearsal dinner planning or coordinating
- Engagement photo sessions – we can schedule this for the couple; if desired, but it’s usually easier for them to schedule their engagement session directly with their photographer
- Bridal portrait photo sessions (however, this could be an add on service)
- Meetings with the officiant if they are having a counseling session
- Registering for gifts
- Bridesmaid luncheon – unless they hire us for this as an add on service
- Bridal showers – unless they hire us for this as an add on service
Things we Do Attend
- Venue site visits
- Cake tasting
- Meeting with the caterer
- Meeting with the floral designer
- Final venue walk through
- Stationery meeting/selection
- Meeting to select rentals and decor at rental shops
- Wedding rehearsal – we always are there to direct the rehearsal