I remember being a brand new wedding planner. Unsure of what to do, what to purchase and how to do things. I remember wishing I had a checklist for getting started as a new planner to guide me through what to do.
I want to help you get started off on the right foot.
I want you to become a successful wedding planner and I’m here to help you do just that!
Today, I’m sharing our checklist for getting started as a new wedding planner.
- Educate yourself
- Establish your business name
- Establish your business entity
- Apply for a business license
- Register your business with your Secretary of State
- Determine which services you will offer
- Price your services
- Create a business plan
- Create a business budget
- Prepare contracts for each service you will offer
- Create a process for everything in your business
- Get started with a CRM like Aisle Planner and get all of your templates set up from the beginning
- Create your logo or have it professionally designed
- Have a brand photo shoot or photos of yourself
- Set up your website
- Set up your social media accounts (Instagram and Facebook)
- Plan a styled shoot with other local vendors
- Get out there and introduce yourself to other local vendors
- Open a business bank account
- Plan a wedding for friends or relatives so you’ll have photos to share on social media and for experience
- Continue to educate yourself