After planning many, many weddings over the past ten years I continue to strive to be the best planner I can be and treat all of my couples like I would want to be treated. I am so thankful that I’ve built my business mostly on word of mouth.
Referrals are everything y’all and having a great reputation as a planner is so important.
Going above and beyond for couples does not go unnoticed and will help build your reputation.
No matter if a couple hires us for full service planning or wedding management we still go above and beyond to make their wedding day and wedding week as stress-free as possible.
Here’s 5 Things We Do For Every Couple
- We have a venue walk through with every client before the wedding day. No matter if they’ve hired us for wedding management or full service planning, a walk through is crucial to us before their big day even if we’ve been to the venue a hundred times.
- We provide custom timelines for the bride and groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen and ushers, flower girl and ring bearers, parents and grandparents AND text them a copy before the week of the wedding so they are not worrying the couple about what time they need to arrive and where they need to be. We also encourage the wedding party to contact us with questions instead of the couple.
We are all about relieving stress from couples and this seems to help oh so much! There’s no need to share the same timeline with everyone…so we create specific versions that only include the information that pertains to each person. Thank you Aisle Planner for making this easy peasy!
- We get their personal decor items from them before the wedding day when we meet for the final (or sometimes first depending on which package they hire us for) walkthrough so they don’t have to worry about bringing it the day before the wedding or the day of the wedding. When I say personal decor items I mean small things like their guest book, programs, favors, exit “toss-it”, cake knives and servers, etc. The bride keeps her dress, shoes, garters, and everything she will wear.
- If the couple is not having a seated dinner we have food set up for them when they arrive to their reception somewhere in the back. That way they can grab a bite to eat and spend a few minutes together before being announced. It’s almost impossible for them to eat at their reception if they’re not having a seated dinner and we don’t want them starving all night.
- We text a toasting guide to the bride, groom, wedding party and their parents to ensure everyone that will be making a toast is prepared and not put on the spot in the moment. Yet another reason why we ask our couples for phone numbers for the wedding party and their parents.