Are you a new wedding planner unsure of how to direct a wedding rehearsal? Or perhaps you’re in charge of directing a wedding for someone. Our wedding rehearsal guide will walk you through a wedding rehearsal step by step.
Learn the process for directing a wedding rehearsal as well as tips for directing the rehearsal.
This guide also includes a ceremony diagram that shows you who stands where traditionally.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS FREE WEDDING REHEARSAL GUIDE!
And enjoy this Wedding Rehearsal Checklist below:
- Introduce yourself and welcome everyone. If you’re in a house of worship ask the officiant if they would like to say a prayer before starting.
- Place the wedding party in their appropriate places.
- Make sure the couple likes where everyone is standing.
- Instruct the wedding party on how to stand, how to hold their hands and bouquets.
- Place parents and grandparents in their appropriate reserved seats and introduce them to their usher.
- Explain the usher’s duties to him/her.
- The couple (or proxy bride) should be in place ready for instructions by the officiant.
- Have the wedding party practice the recessional.
- Then have everyone practice the ceremony from the beginning to end.
- After you are done pass out the wedding timelines and go over what time everyone needs to arrive the next day and where.
- Go over any venue rules and policies.